Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs)
A HOLISTIC EDUCATION FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS - LEAPS 2.0
As part of its efforts to provide students with a holistic and well-rounded experience in the co-curriculum, the Ministry of Education (MOE) will implement an updated LEAPS framework, LEAPS 2.0, starting with Secondary 1 students from 2014. The updated framework will enable schools to better align their co-curriculum to encourage students’ holistic development in terms of life skills, competencies and values.
- To play a key role in the holistic development of our pupils
- To inculcate values and desirable social attitudes
- To teach pupils life skills
- It is compulsory for all pupils to participate in at least ONE CCA.
- Participation in a second CCA must be at school representation or higher.
- Pupils in the Core CCAs are not allowed to change the CCA midstream.
- Pupils must be present at all training/ meetings and official activities. Any absence must be covered by a medical certificate.
- Pupils should take pride in their CCA by exhibiting exemplary behavior and being properly attired at all times (during and after the CCA hours).
- Pupils must seek approval first from the School Principal if they intend to participate in an external CCA.